ISE Partners facilitated a super-practical ‘Desk Assessment & Posture Clinic’ best practice session.
Wednesday 3rd June
This was an essential session for HR and Office / Operations Managers to provide support and resources for guiding teams through this extended period of working from home. Please don’t hesitate to be in touch with ISE for more information.
A Health & Safety update pertaining to home workers was shared by Matthew Blossom, expert consultant from award-winning HR, health & safety and employee wellbeing specialist, Peninsula Business Services. We had chiropractic doctor, Charlie Moult, delivering a practical session on:
- Carrying out a working from home desk assessment
- Correct posture and positioning
- Important exercises for good spine hygiene
Health and Safety Update:
- Staff working at home are not classed as ‘temporary’ home workers, rather need lone worker and DSE risk assessments.
- Those risk assessments will clarify what training they will need.
- Mental Health and exercise support is recommended to avoid long-term sickness or no return to work after furlough.
- The risk assessment must be completed by an employee of the business. Outside consultancies doing these for a company is unlawful in UK.
- The employee must hold the relevant training, experience and qualifications to know what to look for and how to be compliant.
- All employees require training for slips and trips, working from heights and manual handling whether in office / WFH (i.e. items which require two hands to carry would benefit from manual handling training).
- If a risk assessment dictates that staff need masks, gloves or special clothing / equipment, it is the employer who must supply this.
- Staff who are at work now need a series of Coronavirus risk assessments and training. This must be published before any employees enter a building.
- A business with more than five staff must have a full H&S policy (usually 100+ pages), and it must be updated annually in line with legislation change
Matthew Blossom and Charlie Moult have offered a free one-to-one phone consultation to ISE’s network to follow this session. To discuss this, and for more resources, please email Jen.White@isepartners.com.
Our regular get-togethers are called Office Managers Quarterly. OMQ is the best complimentary network in London, for business linchpins to come together, share their experiences, and broaden their professional toolkit. Sessions are normally held in our lounge at 120 Regent Street. Since its inception in 2017, OMQ has attracted a diverse group of office and operations managers, HR professionals and the like, who hugely enjoy mingling in this relaxed setting. Be the first to hear about our complimentary events and market insights: sign up to our mailing list.
You can also apply to join our private LinkedIn Group. Idea and resource-sharing for those who are actively managing offices / HR for investment, professional services and fast-growth tech companies.